Babe Ruth 13-15
Boys and Girls ages 13 - 15
Babe Ruth 13 - 15
Babe Ruth 13-15 - The foundation of the Babe Ruth program is the 13-15 baseball division, which was founded in 1951. Each local league organization charters as a member league but with authority to administer its own program within the framework of the Rules and Regulations and guidance of Babe Ruth League, Inc. All-Star participation is available with winning teams possibly advancing to the Babe Ruth World Series.
The 13 - 15 division play three (3) games per week: one weeknight game plus a Saturday double header.
Player Assessments: Open roster spots are filled through the player draft, All "Free Agents" and players wanting to switch teams must attend one (1) of the scheduled assessment dates listed, all registered CYBSA players are welcome to attend player assessments, however; *Any players taking part in assessments will be entered into Babe Ruth 13-15 draft pool and forfeits any reserved roster spot submitted by coach. Babe Ruth 13-15 assessment dates are April 8th, 15th from 3pm - 6pm at Village Greens Park - player check-in begins at 2:30pm. "Weather make-up date" if needed will be on April 22nd.
Babe Ruth 13 - 15 Supplemental Rules
Supplemental Rules BABE RUTH DIVISION 13 Year Olds (13 Prep) and 13-15 Year Olds
- Home team shall choose to occupy either the first base or third base dugout side of the field during the game.
- The league shall provide one or two umpires for each game.
- Home team shall provide two new game balls and visiting team shall provide one new game ball to the umpire-in-chief for use during the game.
- Each team shall provide one volunteer scorekeeper. The home team’s scorekeeper shall be the official scorekeeper. The visiting team’s manager and umpire-in-chief shall sign the home team’s scorebook at the end of each game. Scorekeepers shall compare scores at the end of each inning to verify the correct score.
- Managers may protest a game for rule or roster violations only - no protest shall ever be permitted on judgment calls by an umpire. If a manager wants to protest a game, time out must be requested from the umpire-in-chief by the protesting manager immediately after the rule violation and before the next pitched ball and the protesting manager must inform the umpire-in-chief that his team is playing the game under protest. The scorebooks of both teams shall be marked at the point of protest and signed by both managers and the umpire-in-chief.
- The manager of the home and visiting team must report the results of each game to their division’s VP within 24 hours of the completion of each game. Non-CYBSA teams email results within 24 hrs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Players are permitted to act as base coaches, but must wear batting helmet at all times.
- Every player present at the game must play a minimum of two innings (i.e., six outs defensively) and bat at least once. This rule shall not apply where the 10-run rule is enforced or in the event a player is injured during the course of a game.
- No Spikes allowed on the portable mounds, sneakers only when pitching from portable mounds.
- Babe Ruth 13 Prep and 13-15 pitchers,, refer to Smart Pitch table for limits and required rest periods.
- The calendar week of Babe Ruth League, Inc. is Monday through, and including, Sunday.
- Games in which an ineligible pitcher has been used as specified in paragraphs 1, 2, and 3 shall be declared forfeited. The withdraw of an ineligible pitcher after the pitcher is announced or after a warm-up pitch is delivered but before that pitcher has pitched a ball to a batter shall not be considered a violation.
- Each game in which a pitcher pitches is considered one (1) “assignment.” Therefore, a pitcher in the same game may start out as a pitcher, play another position, and return to the mound and this would still be considered as one (1) assignment. [Note: only the starting pitcher may re-enter a game once (one time) as a pitcher. After a pitcher is removed as a pitcher, he may not re-enter the game as a pitcher. Also, if the pitcher is removed from the game because of a second trip in the same inning he may re-enter the game in any position with the exception of pitcher.
- If a game is called before it has become a regulation game and the umpire declares it “suspended” the game will be scheduled to be finished and will resume from the exact point of suspension.
- End-of-Season League Championship Tournament: teams will be seeded at the beginning of a double-elimination tournament according to the position they finished in regular season play (i.e., WIN – LOSS RECORD). All of the rules in effect for the regular season shall be in effect for the End-of-Season League Championship Tournament with the following exceptions: (1) a tournament game cannot end in a tie and (2) a pitcher can pitch a maximum of seven (7) innings in any two (2) consecutive tournament games.
- BABE RUTH DIVISION 13 Year Olds (13 Prep) and 13-15 Year Olds
- See TABLE 4
BABE RUTH DIVISION 13 Year Olds (13 Prep) and 13-15 Year Olds
|SUBJECT||BABE RUTH DIVISIONS 13 Prep, 13-15 Year Olds|
|Distance between bases:||90’|
|Pitching distance:||60’ 6”|
|Maximum innings per game:||7|
|No new inning may start after:||2.0 hours has elapsed|
|Regulation game:||5 innings (4.5 innings if home team is ahead)|
|A game called for any reason (e.g., weather, darkness, etc.) after it has become a “regulation game” shall be declared an official game and the score at the end of the last fully completed inning shall be the official score:||Yes|
|Maximum number of runs a team may score in an inning:||n/a|
|Mercy Rule - game shall end if either team is losing by:||10 runs (after 5 innings - 4.5 innings if home team is ahead)|
|A regular season game can end in a tie:||Yes|
|Maximum number of defensive players on field:||9|
|Minimum number of players to start and finish a game:||8|
|Automatic outs called for missing (9th) player in batting order:||No|
|If a team cannot field the minimum number of players required to start a game within 15 minutes after the time set for the game to begin, they must forfeit the game:||Yes, but the game should be played as a scrimmage|
|A team shall bat their entire roster (i.e., the batting order shall include every player on the team roster who is present)||Yes|
|A player that arrives late to a game may be inserted at the end of the batting order provided his team’s lead-off hitter has not batted twice in the game:||Yes|
|If a player is removed from the batting order due to injury or illness, an automatic out shall not be charged (that player, however, may not return to the batting order or game):||Yes|
|If a player is removed from the batting order for a reason other than injury or illness (e.g., ejection), an automatic out shall be charged at that player’s scheduled appearance in the batting order for the remainder of the game:||Yes|
|Free substitution on defense:||Yes|
|Balk penalty enforced:||Yes|
|Stealing, including home:||Yes|
|A dropped third strike is played and not recorded as an automatic out:||Yes|
|Infield Fly Rule:||Yes|
|Contact Rule enforced:||Yes|